Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 1 Assignment

Being a first time blogger, it took some getting used to but I think I have got the hang of it. I chose blogger.com to create my account and registered with Google Reader. I may also create an account with wordpress, because I found it contained some useful information on a variety of topics.

I browsed the Instructional Design blogs in Week 1 Resources and chose http://ideas.blogs.com/ and http://en.wordpress.com/tag/instructional-design/ because they seemed the most useful and user friendly. I then searched and found a useful website, www.instructionaldesign.org.

http://ideas.blogs.com/ included information about reflections and insights on instructional design and e-learning. It provides links to other similar sites and blogs. One thing I liked is how there were separate categories for easy access to topics on technology, development, and design.

When I searched for useful website on Instructional Design and E-Learning I bookmarked a few, but found www.instructionaldesign.org to be most informative on the principles and how they relate to the field of instructional design. It includes topics such as, Online Learning, Instructional Technology, Teaching and Learning, and Web Hosting. In addition, it has information on notable instructional designers and the approach they take. There is also information on ID Models, storyboarding and much more. Other parts of the site I found useful was that it contains video clips, book recommendations, and is overall a user friendly site. I encourage everyone to check out this one; I think you will also find it to be a good resource.

Although I find blogging to be a little out of comfort zone, I can already tell that I am getting used to it and that it will be beneficial. Now let's just hope that I did everything correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment